Role: Operations Manager (Grand Rapids, MI)
Thimble is seeking a West-Michigan based Operations Manager to join our growing team and lead our production process and customer service operations. The Operations Manager will work closely with our CEO and Head of Design to develop and manage our production calendar, lead customer service for both our wholesale and retail customers, and manage our office space and related needs. This role offers 25-30 hours weekly, with the majority of that time managed independently from home.
About Thimble: Based in Grand Rapids, Thimble Collection is a children’s clothier with the mission is to empower parents to support their families as they see fit. Our remote business model allows parents to work from home, offering maximum flexibility for our team and ensuring heirloom-quality craftsmanship and love go into every piece of clothing we make. Founded by a mother-daughter team in 2016, Thimble is rapidly growing its team as well as its wholesale and online businesses. Click here more info on our team and mission.
- Production & Inventory Management:
- Develop and manage production calendar
- Lead production troubleshooting
- Oversee quality control
- Customer Service:
- Coordinate wholesale shipments
- Manage wholesale account communications, including invoicing
- Fulfill e-commerce orders and manage customer service requests
- Office Management:
- Manage and organize team office
- Maintain inventory of marketing materials, office supplies, packaging, storage shelf space, etc.
- Work closely with both CEO and Head of Design to identify and implement areas for operational improvement
- Serve as resource for team of seamstresses
- 25-30 hours weekly, managed at own discretion
- Most work can be done at home though some time at office space required weekly
- Pay starts at $20/hour
- No benefits at present
What We’re Looking For:
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
- Experience with process and/or inventory management
- Demonstrated ability to identify challenges and craft tailored solutions
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Track record of building consensus and leading teams
- Ideal candidate has familiarity with sewing and/or clothing construction
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (powerpoint, excel, outlook)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief introduction.